The Edmund S. Muskie Archives and Special Collections Library serves as the official repository of the Archives of the College. These are records and other materials that document the history and development of the College from its inception to the present and that have permanent administrative, legal, fiscal or historical value.
These records include, but are not limited to, administrative papers, correspondence, reports, electronic records, published and/or printed material, scrapbooks, photographs, and any associated records in any format or on any media. In addition, the Archives seeks to collect records of student, faculty, and staff organizations, selected personal papers of Bates faculty and staff, and other materials about the College.
Selected items from Edmund S. Muskie Archives and Special Collections Library:
- Edmund S. Muskie Archives Dedication, Lewiston, September 28, 1985
- Muskie campaign button, 1972
- Edmund S. Muskie Room, Bates College, Lewiston, 1985
- Vice Presidential Campaign Poster, 1968
- Edmund S. Muskie Archives Dedication, Lewiston, 1985
- We Like Muskie bumper sticker, 1972
- Muskie bumper sticker, 1972
- Edmund S. Muskie, 1972
- Yearbook entry, Edmund S. Muskie, 1936